Hothead Games is 200 people that make free-to-play mobile games. We are one of the world’s top publishers in the first person shooter and sports genres. We have offices in Vancouver, British Columbia and Halifax, Nova Scotia. We move fast, we do amazing work and we have a lot of fun doing it.
We are looking for an experienced programmer to join our team to focus on building and improving our game backends. If you enjoy tackling challenging problems and building SaaS infrastructures that scale to millions of users, then Hothead may be the next big step in your career.
- Design, plan, and implement backend features for our games.
- Diagnose and resolve operational and backend performance issues.
- Organize and execute automated load tests to identify system bottlenecks.
- Work with the analytics team to ensure in-game user behavior data is integrated correctly with our analytics platform.
- Continuously improve uptime and performance of backend systems by writing tools or choosing existing ones to incorporate into our systems.
- Experience implementing server-side game features using Python or a similar language.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field.
- Comfortable operating on the command line in a POSIX environment.
- Experience designing, and implementing RESTful services.
- Demonstrated competence in software engineering principles.
- Familiarity with source control systems, particularly Perforce and git.
- Experience with automated build testing, and load testing technologies to constantly improve performance and stability within our games.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills; ability to transmit complex information to technical, and non-technical stakeholders
- Experience with NoSQL databases like CouchDB, DynamoDB and Redis
- Experience with the Amazon Web Services platform
- Configuration and infrastructure management experience
- Practical experience with continuous integration methodologies
- Experience with the Unity game engine
- Expertise in other languages such as C#, Objective-C
This is a permanent full time position for our Vancouver office, located at 1555 West Pender Street.
We offer a great compensation package that includes your salary, vacation, extended health, dental and vision care benefits. Some other nice to have’s include an in-house gym, RRSP Matching, company golfing, major/minor league sports event, summer BBQs, snacks, beer and amazing people to work with!