We're looking for someone to support and drive our HR priorities for the studio. You’re a contributor and always wanting to learn more. With proven experience in all things HR, you also bring with you a friendly, approachable and passionate attitude to deliver excellent support for our employees. Organization and attention to detail comes naturally to you and you believe that balancing priorities is a key to your success.
Hothead Games is a mobile game studio located in Vancouver in beautiful Coal Harbour. We work with 150 amazing, creative and talented people. It’s always a great space when you can learn from others whose jobs are to design games, create art assets, write code, build the game engine, test the game, analyze the game, get the game to launch and to market the game. It’s an amazing studio effort with lots of collaboration including our HR team’s role to support the studio.
- Be the go to person for all employee relations providing guidance for benefit queries, personal and career growth needs and communication point for all HR related initiatives
- Support our leads to equip them with tools and resources to handle issues that include training, performance reviews, conflict management
- Recruiting support: communicate open positions, coordinate interviews and create job offer packages
- Manage the onboarding process for new hires
- Prepare documentation for work permit applications
- Benefits enrollment, administration and customer service to employees
- Prepare and submit annual salary survey spreadsheets, working with Managers to validate data
- Coordinate the Performance review and annual compensation process
- Assist HR Manager to implement various HR initiatives within the company
Key Things We’re Looking For:
- Bachelor’s degree or diploma in Business Administration, Commerce or Human Resources
- 3+ years experience in an HR Generalist role, preferably in high tech.
- Excellent communicator verbally, non-verbally and written
- Attention to detail in every way
- Very organized! Show us you can handle multiple things coming your way
- Proficient in MS Office / Google Docs
- Experience as administrator for an HRIS system, bonus if you know Ultipro!