We are seeking an ambitious and experienced data analyst to work closely with various stakeholders at Hothead to help them make strategic decisions using data. As the perfect candidate for the position, you are familiar with modern data analysis techniques and how to apply them in a fast-moving and practical environment. You excel at clear communication, make compelling presentations, and a have a personable demeanor that allows you to interact effectively with people at varying levels of technical expertise.
Hothead Games is 200 people that make free-to-play mobile games. We are one of the world’s top publishers in the first person shooter and sports genres. We have offices in Vancouver, British Columbia and Halifax, Nova Scotia. We move fast, we do amazing work and we have a lot of fun doing it.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Monitor and summarize KPIs for a portfolio of games
- Provide summarized data to support product decisions
- Collect, document, and communicate specific data-related questions to internal stakeholders (producers, game designers, marketing, etc.)
- Maintain and extend data publishing systems and dashboards (Both Tableau, RMarkdown documents, KPI reports, etc. )
- Maintain documentation for schemas as new features and products are added
- Use statistical techniques with available data to solve relevant company game performance and business problems.
- Research and evaluate existing game data to discover useful findings for improving financial performance
- Bachelor’s Degree in statistics, mathematics, computer science, economics or other applied sciences
- Fluent in with SQL and Tableau
- Familiar with R, and Python.
- Demonstrated competence in statistics, probability, and other relevant areas of mathematics
- Experience with big data
- Strong critical-thinking, problem solving, and communications skills
- Familiarity with free-to-play game design concepts and industry-standard KPIs used to measure game performance
- Mobile app industry experience (especially mobile games and user acquisition)
- Familiarity with statistical techniques such as linear models, GLM, survival analysis, ARIMA, etc.
- Experience with the following 3rd party tools and platforms: Tableau, AWS, Swrve, Kochava
- Experience with NoSQL databases, particularly CouchDB and Redis
- Experience managing a small technical team
This is for a permanent full time position in our Vancouver office. Located at 1555 West Pender Street, Vancouver, BC, V6C 2T1.
We offer a great compensation package that includes your salary, vacation, extended health, dental and vision care benefits. Some other nice to have’s include an in-house gym, RRSP Matching, weekly lunch and learn’s, major/minor league sports event, summer BBQs, snacks, beer and amazing people to work with!