We are seeking an ambitious and experienced data analyst to work closely with various stakeholders at Hothead to help them make strategic decisions using data. As the perfect candidate for the position, you are familiar with modern data analysis techniques and how to apply them in a fast-moving and practical environment. You excel at clear communication, make compelling presentations, and a have a personable demeanour that allows you to interact effectively with people at varying levels of technical expertise.
Hothead Games is 200 people that make free-to-play mobile games. We are one of the world’s top publishers in the first person shooter and sports genres. We have offices in Vancouver, British Columbia and Halifax, Nova Scotia. We move fast, we do amazing work and we have a lot of fun doing it.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Establish and communicate best practices for analytics-related processes in the company
- Answer specific data-related questions from internal stakeholders (producers, game designers, marketing, etc.)
- Explore existing game data to discover useful findings that can be used to improve game financial performance
- Make presentations to various stakeholders, offering concrete recommendations that are backed up by data and explained clearly
- Work closely with data scientists to optimize the effectiveness of the analytics team
- Minimum of a bachelor's degree in a related field
- Superb interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability at group presentations
- Demonstrated competence in statistics, probability and other relevant areas of mathematics
- Experience with Big Data and using a map-reduce paradigm to perform data analysis
- Fluency with database query languages like SQL with a demonstrated ability to author complex queries
- Strong in critical-thinking skills and problem solving
- Familiarity with free-to-play game design concepts and industry-standard KPIs used to measure game performance
- Experience with the following 3rd party tools and platforms: Tableau, AWS, Swrve, Kochava
- Experience with NoSQL databases, particularly CouchDB and Redis
- Experience managing a small technical team
This position is for our Vancouver office, located at 1555 West Pender Street, in beautiful Coal Harbour! Compensation includes salary, vacation and a great Extended Health and Dental package. Lots of other great things including an in-house gym, RRSP Matching, company golfing, major/minor league sports event, summer BBQs, snacks, beer and amazing people to work with!