Hothead Games is 200 people that make free-to-play mobile games. We are one of the world’s top publishers in the shooter and sports genres. Our games have achieved over 250 million downloads, and we aim to become one of the leading game companies in the world. We have offices in Vancouver, British Columbia and Halifax, Nova Scotia. We move fast, we do amazing work and we have a lot of fun doing it.
We are looking for a hard-working and energetic Helpdesk Specialist to join our IT Team. Your role will be to provide front-line support to Hothead team members on all our IT systems. Most work will be focused on the user desktop, but may touch our backend systems from time-to-time. You are also responsible for keeping internal documentation clear and up to date. You love working with people and are passionate about excellent customer service.
- Respond to all user problems and inquiries in a timely manner
- Coordinate the flow of tickets between users and support providers
- Resolve front-line hardware and software issues on user desktops (mostly Windows but with some Mac and Linux)
- Document and maintain helpdesk processes and troubleshooting
- Maintain inventory of computers and all other IT related equipment
- Assist with the planning and execution of larger IT-related initiatives
- Occasionally provide after-hours support for planned maintenance and emergency downtime
- 2+ years of experience providing IT support onsite and remotely in a mixed-OS environment
- Bachelor's degree or additional relevant work experience
- Thorough knowledge of Windows- desktop management, administration and troubleshooting
- Experience with Active Directory management of users, computers and groups
- Familiarity with iOS and Android mobile devices
- Professional personality with a love of helping others
- Self-starter, highly organized, detail-oriented and deadline-driven
- Physically capable of lifting, bending over, navigating stairs and other typical physical tasks associated with a desktop IT support position, including the ability to lift up to 25 kilograms
- Relevant experience in IT in the video game or 3D graphics industries
- Experience in Linux server system administration
- Experience with network architecture, administration and security
- Applicable technical certifications an asset
This is a permanent full time position for our Vancouver office, located at 1555 West Pender Street.
We offer a great compensation package that includes your salary, vacation, extended health, dental and vision care benefits. Other perks include an in-house gym, RRSP matching, company golf tournament, tickets to local professional sports games, summer BBQ, snacks, Beer Friday and amazing people to work with!