As part of an exciting game team you will be directly involved in creating the end-user experience, we don’t just throw stuff over the fence to other departments. You’ll be implementing gameplay systems and collaborating with a tight-knit group of artists, designers and programmers.
● Build and maintain our expanding library of mobile game products.
● Debug production issues on our live products.
● Improve development standards, processes, and tooling .
You might fit this role if:
● You love making games.
● Your write high quality code and think about the how and why.
● You have a Computer Science degree or equivalent experience.
● You enjoy working closely with a group of people with diverse skill sets.
You might work on:
● Developing gameplay features and systems for our games -- We use the Unity game engine and C# as our primary development platform.
● Deploying our games to multiple mobile platforms and supporting our CI toolset.
● Developing new tools and processes with the Art or Production teams.
● Optimizing our games for speed, quality and size.
● Supporting currently published games with updates and fixes.
● Explaining our technology and development practices to stakeholders and third parties.
Nice to have:
● Previously published games (under another company or self published) on the Apple AppStore or Google Play Store.
● Any familiarity with creating unity shaders.
● Network/System admin experience.
You should include these in your application:
● A description of your work history in the form of a resume or CV.
● Links to any public code repositories you maintain or contribute to.
● Links to any games you’ve worked on or published in the past.
WHY BEING INCLUSIVE IS IMPORTANT TO US?
At Hothead Games, we are an Equal Opportunity employer and we value the diversity of the people we hire and serve. We strive to build and grow our team that fosters variety in backgrounds, perspectives, experiences and skills. We embrace inclusiveness in our workplace, so we can utilize each person’s talents and strengths to make great games.
If you're seeking an awesome new challenge in a fun and engaging studio, we invite you to apply and talk about the possibilities of beginning a rewarding new chapter of your career.