As part of an exciting game team you will be directly involved in creating the end-user experience; we don’t just throw stuff over the fence to other departments. You’ll be designing gameplay systems and collaborating with a tight-knit group of artists, designers and programmers.
● Design and plan systems, features, mechanics, and content through pre-production, release, and project lifetime.
● Balance game pacing/progression and in-game resources/economy to optimize both retention and monetization.
● Communicate designs and design rationale clearly.
● Respond to feedback, analytics, and test results in a constructive manner with logical and reasoned suggestions/solutions to improve on designs.
● Research and remain current on industry trends including new game genres, design methods, game themes and mechanics.
● Maintain game documentation as needed throughout the lifecycle of the project.
● Improve development standards, and processes at PopReach.
You might fit this role if:
● You love making games. First and foremost, PopReach is a company developing fun and engaging titles for our players.
● You have excellent oral and written communication skills.
● You are good at setting and meeting deadlines.
● You have experience designing for mobile, free-to-play, or social games.
● You enjoy working closely with a group of people with diverse skill sets.
You might work on:
● Pitching and developing new titles or proofs of concept.
● Analysing data collected from live titles and creating update plans and schedules.
● Writing in-game tutorials and narrative / dialog.
● Previously published games on the Apple AppStore or Google Play Store.
● A working knowledge of Unity and comfort with adjusting game values/using development tools.
● An understanding of the syntax of XML/YAML/JSON.
● A deep understanding of the free-to-play virtual goods business model.
WHY BEING INCLUSIVE IS IMPORTANT TO US?
At Hothead Games, we are an Equal Opportunity employer and we value the diversity of the people we hire and serve. We strive to build and grow our team that fosters variety in backgrounds, perspectives, experiences and skills. We embrace inclusiveness in our workplace, so we can utilize each person’s talents and strengths to make great games.
If you're seeking an awesome new challenge in a fun and engaging studio, we invite you to apply and talk about the possibilities of beginning a rewarding new chapter of your career.