Hothead Games is a mobile game studio located in the beautiful Coal Harbour area of Vancouver. We are looking for a HR Director who is ready to drive HR initiatives for our 150 person studio.
As part of our Senior Leadership team, you will be responsible for a HR strategy that aligns with our studio’s goals from a talent, culture and people perspective. You’ve got amazing, creative ideas for the company and can’t wait to implement! You are ready to take charge and enhance the employee experience at Hothead.
- Integrate Hothead’s core values into all our processes.
- Work closely with our Executive & Senior Leadership teams to understand how the company works. Use that knowledge to build and drive a HR Strategy that aligns with our studio’s goals.
- Create a HR Roadmap that includes Talent, Performance and Compensation Management guidelines and processes.
- Connect with our employees, provide guidance for employee relations and support their personal and career growth needs.
- Mentor and communicate effectively with our Leads. Support them through any employee issues relating to performance, training, onboarding or terminations.
- Manage the recruiting process, working closely with Hiring Managers.
- Implement learning and development initiatives for employees
Key Things We’re Looking For:
- Experienced HR Leader with 7+ years of experience, preferably within the high tech or gaming industry
- Bachelor’s degree or diploma in Business Administration, Commerce or Human Resources.
- Enjoys autonomy & freedom to drive things on your own, at the same time is a collaborator and team player
- Excellent communicator verbally, non-verbally and written.
- Compassion to deal with sensitive / confidential issues
- Attention to detail
- Familiarity with HRIS and ATS software (Ultipro, Jobvite)