- Work with Art Director, Lead Artist and Animator to create exceptional mobile game models.
- Produce models according to the Leads directives to better understand project limitations, milestones and risks
- Become familiar with graphic references and adapt styles according to project needs
- Model characters in Maya or ZBrush, taking into account proportions, silhouette and range of motion
- Create efficient low polygon models, UVs, and textures for game integration
- Collaborate with animators to create rig-friendly characters that can move and perform believably
- Texture using Substance and Photoshop to apply and give color to characters
- Address critiques from Lead Artist and Art Director and make revisions in a timely manner
- Work on tasks with clear direction, with and without supervision.
- A modeling and texturing portfolio showing a varied range of character art to a very high standard is required.
- 3+ years experience in games, TV or film modeling and texturing 3D characters
- Advanced knowledge of industry standard software applications such as: Maya, ZBrush, Photoshop, Substance, etc.
- Ability to model characters in a range of styles from realistic to stylized.
- Strong proficiency in UV Mapping and planning texture layouts.
- Thorough understanding of human anatomy and structure/silhouette in respect of modeling.
- Ability to work within a team; building collaborative relationships and resolving conflicts in a constructive manner.
- Communicating in a clear and concise manner internally and with external studios.
- Proficiency in the English language.
- Ability to multitask and prioritize work based on feedback/critiques.
- Ability to meet or exceed milestone requirements.
- Hard surface 3D modeling experience is a plus.
- Unity 3D or other commercial game engines experience.
- Rigging and weighting experience.
- Traditional sculpting and art fundamentals experience.
WHY BEING INCLUSIVE IS IMPORTANT TO US?
At Hothead Games, we are an Equal Opportunity employer and we value the diversity of the people we hire and serve. We strive to build and grow our team that fosters variety in backgrounds, perspectives, experiences and skills. We embrace inclusiveness in our workplace, so we can utilize each person’s talents and strengths to make great games.
If you're seeking an awesome new challenge in a fun and engaging studio, we invite you to apply and talk about the possibilities of beginning a rewarding new chapter of your career.