Hothead Games is 200 people that make free-to-play mobile games. We are one of the world’s top publishers in the first person shooter and sports genres. We have offices in Vancouver, British Columbia and Halifax, Nova Scotia. We move fast, we do amazing work and we have a lot of fun doing it.
Can you help Hothead deliver high quality iOS and Android games? As a QA Tester, your job will be to test all of our products and work with the development teams to track bugs and ensure we ship the highest quality Military mobile games on the market today.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Thoroughly testing all of our new products / updates currently in development while logging and tracking any bugs found.
- Understand the basic functionality of iOS / Android devices and troubleshoot most common issues.
- Carry out technical requirements testing for both iOS and Android platforms to ensure on-time submissions.
- Ability to think of ‘outside of the box’ testing methods to ensure a high quality end user experience.
- Adapting to a fast changing development environment and be able to multitask with several software tools daily.
- Provide constructive quality gameplay feedback to the development teams.
- Minimum 1 year Video Game Quality Assurance experience, mobile gaming testing experience preferred.
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills.
- Technologically savvy, with a passion for mobile gaming and familiarity with the mobile gaming market.
- Fundamental understanding of iOS/Android testing procedures.
- Familiar with using bug tracking software (JIRA, etc).
- Ability to be thorough and follow-up on game issues with other QA testers, Managers and/or the Development Teams.
- Enthusiasm and an eagerness to learn in a quickly evolving industry.
- A good team player with a positive attitude, who can also work independently when the task requires.
- Experience using Windows and Word Processing programs (MS Word, Excel, etc.).
- Knowledge of the Military games on Mobile on other gaming platforms (Preferred)
- Willingness to work overtime if needed (which is rarely and only when absolutely necessary).