Animation is the art of creating moving images. It is all about creating a series of individual ‘frames’, which make images come to life when they are flicked through in rapid succession. Your most important attribute will be your hard-core work ethic combined with your solid sense of adventure. We offer a chance to work in a dynamic, collaborative and energized environment, contributing not only with your animation skills but also in every area of the game. Come help us make the best mobile FPS games in the world!
Hothead Games is 200 people that make free-to-play mobile games. We are one of the world’s top publishers in the first person shooter and sports genres. We have offices in Vancouver, British Columbia and Halifax, Nova Scotia. We move fast, we do amazing work and we have a lot of fun doing it.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Create 3D character models and textures
- Work closely with art director / leads to drive the artistic vision of the game
- Eye for anatomy, silhouette, light and color
- Work with other team members to evolve/improve the processes of creating and integrating art
- Provide appropriate feedback to improve the creative process and seek feedback from peers
- Be a positive and creative force on the team
- Please submit a digital portfolio and resume
- Degree and/or diploma in fine arts or animation or related field
- 3+ years of industry experience with multiple shipped titles, mobile development preferred
- Proficiency with character and organic modeling
- Technical knowledge of 3D art asset implementation
- Thorough knowledge and proficiency with Maya, Mudbox, or Zbrush
- Thorough knowledge of 2D art creation/manipulation packages, including but not limited to Photoshop
- Strong inter-personal skills and an ability to work in a collaborative team environment
- Strong conceptual skills
- Skill in one or more related disciplines – illustration, visual effects, or technical art
We offer a great compensation package that includes your salary, vacation, extended health, dental and vision care benefits. Some other nice to have’s include an in-house gym, RRSP Matching, company golfing, major/minor league sports event, summer BBQs, snacks, beer and amazing people to work with!