Hothead Games is 150 people that make free-to-play mobile games, located in Vancouver, British Columbia. We are one of the world’s top publishers in the first person shooter and sports genres. We move fast, we do amazing work and we have a lot of fun doing it.
Hothead’s Backend team is looking for a DevOps Engineer to join us. We support our games by building and operating server infrastructure that is highly scalable and fault tolerant. We strive for generalized automation of testing, provisioning, deployment, and capacity. We believe in building tools that empower and enable developers to self-serve. We work extensively with Amazon Web Services.
As an ideal candidate you want to work with a team to build something we can be proud of, that has been done right. You enjoy being relied upon. You are comfortable exploring unchartered territory, where the best technical decision is not clear up front, where you might make mistakes. You value the role of well-defined processes in running a smooth operation. You appreciate unit testing, measurement, automation, and configuration as code. You operate calmly and rationally under pressure, and are able to diagnose problems quickly and fix operational issues at their source. You devote time to keeping your knowledge state-of-the-art.
What You'll Do:
- Operate and continuously improve Hothead’s backend server infrastructure
- Work with game teams to build new backend features and infrastructure
- Expand automation, ensure all changes to capacity occur automatically
- Build tools that empower developers and front-line player support teams
- Optimize our delivery pipeline
What You Bring:
- Experience with Amazon Web Services
- Fluency in modern web languages and frameworks, especially Python
- Proficient in Linux system administration
- 3+ years working experience (in comparable role -- video game experience not required)
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or Computer Science
- Databases: DynamoDB, Redis, SQL
- Configuration management: Chef, Ansible, Docker
- Metrics and Logs: Kibana, ElasticSearch, Logstash, Fluentd, Graphite, InfluxDB, Statsd, Grafana
- Monitoring and Alerting: Nagios, Datadog, Sensu, Shinken, PagerDuty
is full-time permanent position is for our Vancouver office, located at 1555 West Pender Street, in beautiful Coal Harbour. Compensation includes competitive salary and vacation, MSP and Extended Health coverage. Other cool perks include an in-house gym, on-site Chiropractor/RMT/ Physiotherapy, yoga/fitness classes, RRSP matching, company golfing, major/minor league sports events, summer rooftop BBQs, snacks and beverages, weekly lunch & learn's, beer Friday's and most of all, amazing people to work with!
Why being inclusive is important to us?
At Hothead Games, we are an Equal Opportunity employer and we value the diversity of the people we hire and serve. We strive to build and grow our team that fosters variety in backgrounds, perspectives, experiences and skills. We embrace inclusiveness in our workplace, so we can utilize each person’s talents and strengths.
If you're seeking an awesome new challenge in a fun and engaging studio, we invite you to apply and talk about the possibilities of beginning a rewarding new chapter of your career.