Hothead Games is looking for a Senior Game Designer to join our team and help us drive the design by adding new gameplay mechanics. The perfect candidate for the position is a dedicated, self-starting, and energetic person who is passionate about mobile games and thrives working in a creative and fun environment.
Hothead Games is 200 people that make free-to-play mobile games. We are one of the world’s top publishers in the first person shooter and sports genres. We have offices in Vancouver, British Columbia and Halifax, Nova Scotia. We move fast, we do amazing work and we have a lot of fun doing it.
- Work with the Lead Game Designer to develop and shape game systems and mechanics, and get buy-in from the team.
- Write high quality game design documents that contain strong compulsion loops and clearly communicate concepts and requirements to the team.
- Create wire-framed screen flows that are optimized for engagement and monetization.
- Own significant areas of the game design and collaborate with artists and programmers to guide the implementation of features.
- Design and interpret in-game analytics.
- Design and measure the impact of features to address key metrics.
- Conduct speedy research and analysis for relevant competing products.
- Submit your resume referring examples of previous work.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent
- 5+ years of game design experience, 3+ years of mobile or social game design experience.
- Shipped multiple mobile or social games.
- Understand the impact of social features such player guilds and chat systems.
- Strong understanding of free-to-play business models for mobile games.
- Strong inter-personal skills and an ability to work in a collaborative team environment.
- Technical understanding of the game development process.
- Experience using one or more scripting languages.
- Familiarity with key analytics tools such as SWRVE and Tableau.
- Committed to making the world’s best mobile FPS!
- Art skills to better communicate your ideas.
- Experience maintaining a Live Game
- Experience with game economies
- Interest in military books, games, and movies