Hothead Games is looking for an intermediate to senior level 3D Artist to join our team to help us create the world’s best mobile games! This position is ideal for a dedicated, self-starting, and energetic person who is passionate about mobile games and thrives working in a creative and fun environment.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Create 3D models and textures for weapons and characters
- Work with other team members to evolve/improve the processes of creating and integrating art
- Provide appropriate feedback to improve the creative process and seek feedback from peers
- Be a positive and creative force on the team
- Please submit a link to your digital portfolio and resume
- 4+ years of industry experience with mobile development preferred
- Proficiency with weapon and prop creation and modeling
- Technical knowledge of 3D art asset implementation
- Thorough knowledge and proficiency with Maya and Zbrush
- Thorough knowledge of 2D art creation/manipulation packages, including but not limited to Photoshop
- Experience in lighting treatments for environments
- Strong inter-personal skills and an ability to work in a collaborative team environment
- Diploma or Bachelor's Degree in Arts or equivalent
This full-time permanent position is for our Vancouver office, located at 1555 West Pender Street, in beautiful Coal Harbour. Compensation includes competitive salary and vacation, MSP and Extended Health coverage. Other cool perks include an in-house gym, on-site Chiropractor/RMT/ Physiotherapy, yoga/fitness classes, RRSP matching, company golfing, major/minor league sports events, summer rooftop BBQs, snacks and beverages, weekly lunch & learn's, beer Friday's and most of all, amazing people to work with!
WHY BEING INCLUSIVE IS IMPORTANT TO US?
At Hothead Games, we are an Equal Opportunity employer and we value the diversity of the people we hire and serve. We strive to build and grow our team that fosters variety in backgrounds, perspectives, experiences and skills. We embrace inclusiveness in our workplace, so we can utilize each person’s talents and strengths to make great games.
If you're seeking an awesome new challenge in a fun and engaging studio, we invite you to apply and talk about the possibilities of beginning a rewarding new chapter of your career.