The Studio GM is an executive responsible for planning and directing the operations of the game studio, and for achieving revenue, profit and operational goals. Working closely with centralized resources, outcomes directed and influenced have major impact on the organization’s short and long term goals. The Studio GM has overall responsibility for the end-to-end product life cycle. This includes: user and business needs, product vision and strategy, roadmap creation, release planning, live operations, requirements gathering, functional specification all the way through to user enablement and success.
● Day to day leadership of game teams responsible for product development and quality of all studio products.
● Responsible for relationships with senior leaders across project management, production, game design, engineering, content creation, and quality to ensure trust, clear communication, and collaboration.
● Responsible for negotiating requirements with stakeholders and prioritizing product features based on business goals and corporate initiatives.
● Sets product strategy and develops tactical plans for new products and large features; guides investment level, based on the product’s ROI and potential.
● Presents product’s business goals and status in executive-level meetings.
● Owns KPI development, defining acceptance criteria and using data-driven approaches (both qualitative and quantitative) to validate ongoing work in production, limited release and live operations.
● Collaborates with marketing on Go-To-Market and sustaining marketing activities.
● Partners with analytics team to identify the priority of live operations roadmap.
● Identifies and drives process improvements that will impact multiple groups across the company, including development and QA.
● Drives build/buy/partner decisions, including developing the business case supporting those decisions.
● Internal and external subject matter expert of all relevant business and production areas, which may involve industry presentations and media communication.
● Build a great culture of passion, determination and inclusion within the teams.
● Inspire, coach and lead other senior managers in the organization.
● Establish or redefine process and workflows to accomplish all of the above responsibilities.
● Experience as Lead Producer (or equivalent live operations role) in top grossing, free to play mobile games.
● Demonstrated operations, financial, people and production management experience: minimum 5 years.
● Self-motivated team player that brings excitement and enthusiasm to work each day.
● Strong analytical skills; experience with A/B testing statistics, and financial modeling to create a culture of data driven product design.
● Experience with structured, hypothesis-driven product improvements, rigorous metrics analysis, and consumer insights and design experimentation.
● Strong communication and writing skills, with experience preparing and making presentations, effectively communicating both creative and technical feedback to a diverse group of stakeholders.
● Passion for playing video games and making games. Passionate about quality.
● Ability to balance the pressures of a fast paced, productive environment while maintaining a pleasurable atmosphere.
● Professionalism and sensitivity in dealing with personnel matters.
● Excellent organizational skills, with the ability to juggle changing priorities and projects.
● Willing to travel as required.
WHY BEING INCLUSIVE IS IMPORTANT TO US?
At Hothead Games, we are an Equal Opportunity employer and we value the diversity of the people we hire and serve. We strive to build and grow our team that fosters variety in backgrounds, perspectives, experiences and skills. We embrace inclusiveness in our workplace, so we can utilize each person’s talents and strengths to make great games.
If you're seeking an awesome new challenge in a fun and engaging studio, we invite you to apply and talk about the possibilities of beginning a rewarding new chapter of your career.