As a Live Ops Analyst, your responsibility is to design and maintain the economic model of a free-to-play mobile game. By performing quantitative analysis of player behavior, you will identify problems and propose solutions to improve key performance indicators of the game such as retention, conversion and monetization. This includes making changes to the game design, game tuning, price of in-game items and other economy-related items.
As the ideal candidate for the position, you are able to propose and implement metrics that are effective at surfacing problems with the economy performance in the game. During all phases of the project, you will actively monitor the performance of the game and make concrete suggestions to improve outcomes related to the core game economy. You will be involved during both the production and live operations phases of the project.
Hothead Games is 200 people that make free-to-play mobile games. We are one of the world’s top publishers in the first person shooter and sports genres. We have offices in Vancouver, British Columbia and Halifax, Nova Scotia. We move fast, we do amazing work and we have a lot of fun doing it.
- Analyzing player behavior to support improvement of the game’s KPIs such as retention, conversion and LTV
- Conducting research and identifying the potential sale drivers for the different product categories in the game economy, defining the key points of exposure for those drivers.
- Optimizing game economy features, based on data, to drive retention, conversion and monetization
- Designing in-game virtual items and the in-game store to support the optimal performance of the game’s economy
- Tracking key economy-related metrics such as sinks and sources and currency value and inflation, and building dashboards and reports to track and communicate that data
- Educating key stakeholders such as the game’s producer, other designers on the team and the analytics team on issues relating to the game economy
- Examine statistical data, able to formulate ratios and indexes specific to each game, identifying specific weaknesses and strengths in its economy design.
- Monitor and forecast the economic factors which can effect the free-to-play business model.
- Bachelor’s degree minimum, preferably in Economics, Business Management or BA or a related field
- Strong econometrics skills, able to model problems into quantitative systems, and draw qualitative conclusions out of quantitative data.
- Grasp of the principles of human behavior that underlie economic principles and activities
- Minimum 1 year experience in games preferably with MMOs, free-to-play, social or mobile games
- Strong analytical and quantitative problem solving ability
- Excellent interpersonal skills with a demonstrated ability to communicate technical concepts to non-technical people
- Abilities with database query languages and other data-related languages like SQL and R
- Expert-level skills with Excel and Tableau
- Previous experience in econometrics / data mining.
This is for a permanent full time position in our Halifax office. Located at 883 Upper Water Street, Suite 104 Halifax, Nova Scotia B3J 1S9
We offer a great compensation package that includes your salary, vacation, extended health, dental and vision care benefits. Some other nice to have’s include RRSP Matching, transit subsidy, parking, gym membership, weekly lunch and learn’s, Summer BBQ, snacks, beer and amazing people to work with!