As a Producer, you will be responsible for managing the internal and external teams through the development of new games for Hothead Games. This includes evaluating and supporting the development pipeline as well as preparing the game for the live service environment. The successful candidate will have a strong mix of creative, technical, innovative and managerial experience from the mobile, F2P gaming space.
Hothead Games is 200 people that make free-to-play mobile games. We are one of the world’s top publishers in the first-person shooter and sports genres. We have offices in Vancouver, British Columbia and Halifax, Nova Scotia. We move fast, we do amazing work and we have a lot of fun doing it.
- Work with the team and the Director of Development to create the milestone schedule and ensure deliverables are meeting the expectations and requirements.
- Work collaboratively with team leads, game designers and project manager to ensure project needs are clearly defined, effectively communicated and addressed.
- Work closely with our analytics teams to marry data driven decisions and the creative process.
- Coordinate with our QA department to ensure game go out with best in class quality.
- Review the milestones for the project in the aspect of game design, art, and technical side to ensure the deliverables are meeting the expectations and the requirements.
- Throughout the development stages, identify any of critical issues to minimize the risk before the game gets launched.
- Improve the quality of the game to make it competitive in the market and prepare for the 24 hour live online service environment.
- Report current progress of the project to the management and other teams.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent.
- Previously shipped 1 or more mobile free-to-play games.
- Broad understanding of game development systems – production, art, code, and design.
- Familiarity with project management tools and software.
- Strong analytical skills and experience with data driven product design and decision making.
- Creative and sharp business sense with exceptional interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to manage the project and work effectively under deadlines and in complex business environments and be able to make the decisions on the fly.