Are you a talented designer who is passionate about making great games? Can you function as a part of a small, collaborative team making games for the iOS and Android platform? We’re looking for you! The perfect candidate for the position is a dedicated, self-starting, and energetic person who is passionate about mobile games and thrives working in a creative and fun environment.
Hothead Games is looking for a UI/UX Designer to join our team and help us create the world’s best mobile FPS! The perfect candidate for the position is a dedicated, self-starting, and energetic person who is passionate about mobile games and thrives working in a creative and fun environment.
Hothead Games is 200 people that make free-to-play mobile games. We are one of the world’s top publishers in the first person shooter and sports genres. We have offices in Vancouver, British Columbia and Halifax, Nova Scotia. We move fast, we do amazing work and we have a lot of fun doing it.
- Design, plan, and refine user experience and flow for multiple projects, through preproduction, release, and live operations
- Work closely with Product Managers, Producers, Art Director and Game Designers to create effective user experience
- Conceptualize UI/UX designs through wireframes, flow diagrams, and prototyping
- Communicate designs and design rationale clearly, to the team and to management or others as needed
- Orchestrate feedback loops including UX analytics and user testing, and respond to the results to improve on designs
- Maintain UX-related documentation as needed throughout the lifecycle of the project
- Able to efficiently cost out required work against each respective task to ensure accurate delivery times
- Ability to create a visual direction for UI style guides based on product vision
- A university degree in visual arts with specialization in graphic design, commercial art, graphic communications or illustrations or completion of a college diploma program in graphic arts is required.
- Capability to produce both 2D and 3D art assets, drawing or illustrations as needed
- Please provide URL or PDF file for your portfolio
- Experience leading multiple projects
- Experience with wireframing, flow diagrams, and prototyping
- Broad knowledge of game development processes focused on mobile platforms
- Familiarity with Agile Development with Jira
- Positive attitude and ability to provide and receive constructive feedback
- Self-motivated, strong work ethic and able to work as part of a team
- Curiosity for new technologies and technical processes
- Strong Graphic Design background preferred
- Strong sense of ownership
- Problem-solving skills
- Committed to making the world’s best mobile FPS!
- Art skills to better communicate your ideas.
- An understanding of statistics, analytics, and AB testing
- Experience maintaining a Live Game
- Experience with game economies
- Interest in military books, games, and movies
This is for a permanent full time position in our Halifax office. Located at 883 Upper Water Street, Suite 104 Halifax, Nova Scotia B3J 1S9
We offer a great compensation package that includes your salary, vacation, extended health, dental and vision care benefits. Some other nice to have’s include RRSP Matching, transit subsidy, parking, gym membership, weekly lunch and learn’s, Summer BBQ, snacks, beer and amazing people to work with!