Are you a talented programmer who is passionate about making great games? Can you function as a part of a small, collaborative team making games for the iOS and Android platform? We’re looking for you!
Hothead Games is 200 people that make free-to-play mobile games. We are one of the world’s top publishers in the first person shooter and sports genres. We have offices in Vancouver, British Columbia and Halifax, Nova Scotia. We move fast, we do amazing work and we have a lot of fun doing it.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Use your knowledge of development tools and algorithms to write robust, efficient, maintainable code in C++, script and Python.
- Collaborate with programmers, artists and designers to develop new game features for all aspects of the game, including UI, gameplay, backend, etc.
- Understand the game’s guiding vision and technical foundation and drive towards making a product you’re proud of.
- Help maintain the live game and debug and deploy fixes and enhancements.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent
- 3+ years professional game development experience
- Exemplary C++ and mathematics skills
- Solid debugging and problem solving abilities
- Adaptable, able to pick up new technologies quickly
- Deep understanding of core principles of game programming
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Self-directed and able to perform effectively both autonomously and in a team
- Experience building apps for iOS and Android platforms
- Strong understanding of NoSQL databases, especially Redis and DynamoDB
- Experience with Objective C, Java and Python
- Knowledge of mobile free-to-play games and mobile UI best practices
This position is for our Vancouver office, located at 1555 West Pender Street, in beautiful Coal Harbour! Compensation includes salary, vacation and a great Extended Health and Dental package. Lots of other benefits including an in-house gym, RRSP Matching, company golfing, major/minor league sports event, summer BBQs, snacks, beer and amazing people to work with!