Hothead Games is looking for a top-performing Creative Production Artist to help us get even more people to play our world class mobile games on iOS and Android.
We have a successful portfolio of mobile games which have over 300 million downloads and we are looking for an energetic person to join our growing marketing team. The Marketing Artist will be an integral part of a world class marketing team, working closely with the development teams to deliver creatives that are engaging and performance-based (relying on numbers to dictate the success). These creatives will be seen by millions of people world-wide!
What You'll Do:
- Design amazing marketing assets to showcase our games!
- Create engaging 10-30 second marketing videos
- Create app store screenshots, promotional graphics, app icons and other mobile game related assets.
- Retouching, paint overs, sizing, tweaking, and multiple iterations of the above assets.We love to test and measure our concepts!
- Collaborate with the Product Marketing, User Acquisition and Game Development teams to support our roadmap of products in live ops, in development and in 3rd party publishing.
- Play our games and navigate the in-game editors to compose, frame, and capture high-quality video footage and images.
What You Bring:
- Experience in a graphic design, video editing or artist position
- High levels of creativity, and ability to generate innovative designs
- Photoshop, Premiere, After Effects and some motion graphic experience.
- Experience in typesetting, font treatments, page layout, composition, and color.
- Able to work well in a collaborative team environment, and within an iterative design process (lots of quick changes to find the best performance)
- Ability to distill messages to their simplest elements and communicate concepts quickly, visually, and clearly.
- Great production skills, file management and organization.
- Knowledge and passion for video games
- Detailed portfolio of representative work or projects
- Knowledge and passion for mobile games
- Prior experience with the game industry or in a video game studio
- Working with 3D game assets to produce hi-resolution renders
- Familiar with Maya (or a leading 3D modeling package)
This full-time permanent position is for our Vancouver office, located at 1555 West Pender Street in beautiful Coal Harbour. Compensation includes competitive salary and vacation, MSP and Extended Health coverage. Other cool perks include an in-house gym, on-site Chiropractor/RMT/ Physiotherapy, yoga/fitness classes, RRSP matching, company golfing, major/minor league sports events, summer rooftop BBQs, snacks and beverages, weekly lunch & learn's, beer Friday's and most of all, amazing people to work with!
If you're seeking an awesome new challenge in a fun and engaging studio, we invite you to apply and talk about the possibilities of beginning a rewarding new chapter of your career. Please include your portfolio links.
WHY BEING INCLUSIVE IS IMPORTANT TO US?
At Hothead Games, we are an Equal Opportunity employer and we value the diversity of the people we hire and serve. We strive to build and grow our team that fosters variety in backgrounds, perspectives, experiences and skills. We embrace inclusiveness in our workplace, so we can utilize each person’s talents and strengths to make great games.