We are looking for an experienced rendering programmer to join our team. Your focus will be to build, extend and continually improve the graphical visual quality of our mobile games through industry-leading 3D techniques and algorithms. We’re committed to our games showcasing the largest 3D rendering potential of the latest mobile devices.
Hothead Games is 200 people that make free-to-play mobile games. We are one of the world’s top publishers in the first person shooter and sports genres. We have offices in Vancouver, British Columbia and Halifax, Nova Scotia. We move fast, we do amazing work and we have a lot of fun doing it.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Own, upgrade and maintain our rendering tools, pipeline and related code in our proprietary game engine.
- Design, implement, upgrade and maintain run-time rendering and graphics pipeline code for our games.
- Act as an expert advisor on 3D graphics and rendering related issues to other team members.
- Profile game performance to assess and find rendering bottlenecks and improve overall performance on a variety of mobile devices.
- Work closely with 3D artists to achieve world-class rendering and effects in our games.
- 5+ years experience in a game programming role
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent
- Demonstrated experience shipping 3D video games on PC, console or mobile platforms
- In-depth knowledge and experience with OpenGL and GLSL
- Expert-level C++ knowledge and experience
- Demonstrated competence in shader programming
- Practical experience with GPU profiling tools like Xcode Instruments, Snapdragon Profiler or equivalent
- Solid grounding in software engineering principles and best practices, including test driven design.
- Familiarity with source control systems, particularly Perforce and git.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills; ability to transmit complex information to technical and non-technical stakeholders.
- Credited in shipped titles on iOS and Android
- Experience with GPU-specific APIs like Metal, especially on mobile platforms
- Graphics programming experience with multiple engines and pipelines (i.e. broader than just Unity)
- Familiarity with Maya and Substance Painter
- Experience with Python
This is for a permanent full time position in our Halifax office. Located at 1883 Upper water Street, Suite 104 Halifax, Nova Scotia B3J1S9
We offer a great compensation package that includes your salary, vacation, extended health, dental and vision care benefits. Some other nice to have’s include RRSP Matching, transit subsidy, parking, gym membership, weekly lunch and learn’s, Summer BBQ, snacks, beer and amazing people to work with!